Rafael Nadal Withdraws From Cincinnati Masters After Rogers Cup Victory - SportDab - Sport News

SportDab - Sport News

We Deliver To You Latest Sport News, Analysis , Reviews , Betting Tips And So Much More Updates...

Post Top Ad

Monday, 13 August 2018

Rafael Nadal Withdraws From Cincinnati Masters After Rogers Cup Victory

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the Cincinnati Masters just after winning the Rogers Cup in Toronto, Sportdab.com.ng reports.


Nadal was clinical defeating Tsitsipas in the Rogers Cup final on Sunday, 6-2, 7-6 (7-4).


The World No.1 had been expected to participate at the Cincinnati Masters but announced that he would not be able to compete in the event.


“I am very sorry to announce that I won’t be playing in Cincinnati this year," Nadal said in a statement.


“No other reason than personally taking care of my body and trying to keep as healthy as I feel now.


"I am very thankful to my friend Andre Silva, Tournament Director of the Cincinnati tournament, who after speaking to him on the phone understood what I said to him and understands the situation.


“I am sure the tournament will be a success and I wish him and his team all the best.”


After winning in Toronto, Nadal took his Masters title haul to 33.


And with this, he became the first player to book his spot at the year-ending ATP World Tour finals in London.


And after securing his 80th ATP Tour title, Nadal revealed he wished he had played more in Toronto.


“There have been many years without coming back to Toronto and I miss this tournament a lot,” Nadal said.


“I have had too many injuries in my career to come here more often, but this week has been fantastic.


“To receive this trophy means everything to me.

“And to have the support of you for the whole week 

means I wake up every morning and I practice every day on court with the highest amount of passion possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments!!!

Post Bottom Ad

Never Miss Updates! Join Sportdab Facebook Group Here!